Thursday 19 June 2014

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

 


 Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - £5.99
 

 
 Sponges are nothing new when it comes to using them as a way of applying base makeup such as your foundation, even my sister uses sponges and won't use a brush to apply her foundation. So it is rather bizarre that i've never ever tried to apply my foundation with a sponge, until now. Behold the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, a dupe for the ever popular (and very overpriced for a sponge I think) beauty blender sponge.
 
My reasons behind purchasing this was because during my crazy eczema and major dry skin flare up in May, which i'm still suffering from now, I was watching Youtube videos and reading blogs on what foundations and products were good for very dry flaky skin and I can't remember which video it was but the person said that you should apply foundation with a sponge if you have dry skin, as using something like a buffing brush like I have been using for a few years just acts like an exfoliation motion and creates more dry and flaky skin (not a nice image I know but I want to be honest). That little idea sparked me into wanting to instantly try a sponge, and as I love the whole Real Techniques brand I thought i'd try this out.
 
As you can see it is an orange sponge, which has a pointed end for getting into the smaller corners and contours of your face like under the eye area and the inner corner of the eye and even to be more precise with applying foundation and/or concealer over blemishes too, which is a clever idea. The top is a flat surface of the sponge which I use to dab the product on and blend, and the rounded edges you can use to apply the product over a bigger area of the face, but I just use the top flat part of the sponge for that.
 
I have to tell you the eye area, which I had the biggest problem with looking dry, now looks so good almost flawless I would say. Well as flawless as you can get with someone who has eczema at any rate. It looks so much more fresh and the kind of alligator scale look (oh the horror!) seems to have gone away.
 
I just damp the sponge everytime I go to use it, which then makes the sponge expand as it soaks up the water and with the help of the water on the sponge it helps to make the foundation look so much more even and also will more than likely help the skin look and feel more hydrated too.
 
Some people may say that £5.99 is rather expensive for a makeup sponge, but I don't mind paying that. Especially considering how much the Beauty Blender is, if you want to compare the two. I don't know how long this sponge will last me, but i'd gladly buy this all over again. It's revolutionised how I apply my foundation, and I don't think I will ever go back to using a brush again. A very, very bold statement to make but for my very dry skin, a sponge is just the best way to go.
 
 
 
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment