Tuesday 22 April 2014

L'Oreal L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick - Rose Symphony












The beauty world obsession with liquid lipsticks doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon, most of the drugstore/high street brands have come out with their versions of them. So far i've tried the Rimmel Apocalips which I love, and this weekend when browsing the aisles of Boots where they had their extremely irrestitable 3 for 2 deal on, I picked up the liquid lipstick that L'Oreal have brought to the table, in the form of the L'Oreal L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick by Color Riche in the shade 201 Rose Symphony.



This Liquid Lipstick is said to have the shine of a gloss but with the intensity of a lipstick but it feels like a balm, and I can actually agree wholeheartedly with all of these claims. They are very pigmented as you can see by the swatch further on down this post, they look very glossy on the lips (my sister actually thought it was a lipgloss when she saw me wearing it) and it is very lightweight on the lips, it feels very much like a lipbalm in the consistancy. One of the strangest lipsticks i've tried, as it does really feel like a weird trio hybrid lip product, i'm dying to pick up some more colours as I really enjoy wearing this one.
 
The applicator is pretty standard with these liquid lipsticks, but it applies the product well and doesn't distribute too much either.





The colour I have here is Rose Symphony which is a bright pink colour with slight coral hints to it I think, in some lights it just looks bright pink and in others it looks like a pink coral colour. It is clearly a popular colour within the range as it was the last one left on the stand in Boots when I got there, whilst most of the other colours were pretty well stocked. I can see why it's popular as it is such a nice bright colour that is perfect for the swiftly approaching summer.
 
The colour wears pretty well too, after the glossy look has worn down it leaves a nice colour on the lips which lasted all day, it only wore off when I ate some food, so if it weren't for eating i'd say it would last at least 6 hours on the lips. Obviously the brighter/darker or more intense the colour, the longer it'll last and may well leave a slight tint to the lips like this one did. But if you want to keep up the glossy look then reapply every few hours.



I do think the £8.99 is a little steep, but L'Oreal are one of the more expensive of the drugstore/high street brands so it's expected. It won't stop me purchasing another few shades in the range, i've got my eye on Rose Melody already.
 
That's another thing I love about these is the names, they have a musical element to them which is rather cute and the packaging is of course very sleek and feels high end, the little colour of the lipsticks on the side is a nice little touch too. L'Oreal never fail to disappoint when it comes to packaging in my opinion.
 
 I'd happily pick some more of these up and I may well take advantage of the Boots 3 for 2 offer again while it's still on.
 
 
 
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment